SAFE: Staying Accident Free Everyday
Our Safety Management System is the core foundation for a safe, efficient, reliable natural gas engine and compressor maintenance service company. Compression Technology is COR compliant in both B.C. & Alberta with Energy Safety Canada (Enform) as the certifying partner. CTI is also registered and compliant with IsNetworld, Comply Works, & Avetta.
CTI is extremely proud of its safety record and its Safety Management System. As CTI grows, so does our Safety Management System, changing and evolving with the natural gas engine and compressor maintenance industry.
Safety within CTI will always be an important aspect of our daily business.
Mr. Ian Simpson has been with CTI for 15+ years. Ian started with CTI as their Parts Manager. 5 years later CTI needed a full time HSE Manager, Ian felt that this would be a challenging and interesting position and brought his attention to detail with him to the safety program. Ian has built CTI’s Safety Management System into a comprehensive safety program that evolves to meet the needs of the natural gas resource industry. With a consistent COR Certification score in the high 90’s, CTI’s Safety is one of it’s prime assets.
Ian is a 2nd generation local of 60+ years in Fort St. John. Ian has seen the expansion of Fort St. John to a vibrant city along with the Peace Regions natural gas resource sector.
Compression Technology Health & Safety Policy
- Compression Technology Inc. is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace while protecting their employees, the environment, the client's property & the public.
- Compression Technology Inc. (herein after referred to as "the employer") will:
- Meet or exceed all applicable laws and government regulations
- Continually improve our Safety Management System performance,
- Communicate with our staff and workers through regular safety meetings
- Pursue the goal of Zero injuries, illnesses & incidents with commitment
- Require the refusal of work when unsafe conditions exist
- Hold supervisory staff responsible for the identification and implementation of safety needs, communicating hazards, providing training, and supplying CSA approved PPE
- Require all employees and contract workers to follow procedures, rules, standards and practices to which our company is committed to
Enforcement of Safety Rules
- Employees, Visitors, Contractors, and Sub-Contractors who violate safety rules may face disciplinary action, dismissal or legal action. Those individuals who do not fulfill their safety responsibilities will become accountable for any problems their negligence creates and may be liable under the law. Government legislation will all ways take precedence over any policies, procedures and practices that CTI has in place.
- Everyone employed by Compression Technology Inc. is responsible for maintaining the (SMS) Safety Management System.
- Managers and leaders are responsible for identifying safety needs, communicating safety hazards, investigating hazardous conditions and accidents, providing training, and supplying or wearing appropriate personal protective equipment. They are also committed to ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained and meets legislative safety standards.
- All company employees and others on company worksites are responsible for obeying all safety rules, following recommended safe work practices, wearing and using of personal protective equipment when required, participating in safety training programs and informing supervisors of any unsafe work conditions. Everyone has the right and the responsibility to refuse to do work when unsafe conditions exist.
- By fulfilling our safety responsibilities, everyone who works for Compression Technology Inc., will benefit from a safe and healthy workplace while protecting our environment, clients property & the public.
Gordon S. Humphrey
PRESIDENT, COMPRESSION TECHNOLOGY INC.
The CTI Parts Department is available, 24/7, 365 days of the year to help our customers minimize and manage their downtime. With a large variety of inventory parts available, our clients needs are quickly looked after no matter what time of the day they are required.